Light in the Forest

Light in the Forest

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Diet Soda Detox

Are you kidding me?!  I swear, this is like detoxing from something that I should have had MUCH more fun ingesting!  I'm on day 3 of constant headaches, but I'm hanging in with the whole water thing.  I swear, though, if I make it through this, I will never drink another diet soda again in my life.  And I wouldn't have thought I drank that much to begin with!  Holy cow!  I feel awful!  My only consolation here is that one of my friends assured me she had the shakes too when she quit drinking regular soda several years ago.  At least I think that's some consolation.  I'm grasping at straws here...

On the food side, I had a burger and fries with my kids last night.  I wasn't bad. I chose to do it, and that's okay. See how I'm managing to change my self destructive language here?  I'd say to pat me on the head, but we've already established that my head hurts.  Still, I ate a good breakfast and was still starving at lunch today.  I ate healthy food kind of like Garfield the Cat eats diet candy... A few more boxes of that and I'll be skinny as a rail!  Now I'm kind of wondering if the hunger is the detox off sugar or diet coke or if I'm just hungry.  Hey, it happens.  But I'm still going!  It's the stubbornness in me, but I'm putting it to work for me, so let's keep going!

No comments:

Post a Comment